Wiccan subtitles and 9780793529865 ? | The DVD (Spoilers allowed) | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_MemberList Members

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Wiccan subtitles and 9780793529865 ?
December 20, 2008
4:25 pm
cabbitabe

I am watching the DVD right now and wanted to see what the Wiccan subtitles were...and it was basically... some random non-sequiters and then

THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR: 9780793529865

When I Google this number...um...a Mariah Carey CD comes up.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Is there some contest or Easter Egg?

So strange!

-A

December 21, 2008
7:19 am
knitgrrl

I've been trying to figure out how to trigger this easter egg since last night! argh!

December 21, 2008
10:37 am
Toph

Well... does that singer come up at any point on the DVD?

December 21, 2008
11:51 am
JagrMeister

Yeah, I'm busting my brains trying to work this one out, too. The highlighted letters in the credits of the featurette were easy enough, and trigger some kind of countdown before Act 2. I've tried entering the numbers as fast as I can (as one possible solution), but all I get are invalid key entry errors. This one has me stumped.

December 21, 2008
12:11 pm
JagrMeister

The CD is Mariah Carey's Music Box. I have searched through the menu system on the DVD and found no other clues.

December 21, 2008
3:30 pm
r2ro

I was thinking itunes id - 

(artist id is the only url i happen to find up to this point)

plugged in the number

It says the request can not be completed because it's not available in the US store.  It could just be a standard 404 type message though. *shrugs*
December 21, 2008
3:32 pm
r2ro

^^ Yikes!  Not sure, but I guess I accidently pasted some extra stuff in that post?!  Weird.

December 21, 2008
4:15 pm
Toph

This egg's not hidden in the menu, but you're on the right track 🙂

December 21, 2008
5:11 pm
jamie55

Toph said:

This egg's not hidden in the menu, but you're on the right track

If you know I will be so pissed if you don't tell me - even if I haven't gotten the dvd yet.

TELL US!

... please?

December 21, 2008
6:42 pm
oktavian

JagrMeister said:

Yeah, I'm busting my brains trying to work this one out, too. The highlighted letters in the credits of the featurette were easy enough, and trigger some kind of countdown before Act 2. I've tried entering the numbers as fast as I can (as one possible solution), but all I get are invalid key entry errors. This one has me stumped.

I can't get anything to work at the countdown myself, though I think one of my attempts at typing in that number (stupid laptop numeric keypad) allowed me to see a glimpse of Joss directing a scene, but that was gone in an instant.

December 21, 2008
6:44 pm
oktavian

Toph said:

Well… does that singer come up at any point on the DVD?

Also, Felicia Day does mention Mariah Carey in the music featurette when discussing how Joss wanted her to stay in character while recording rather than just belting out the songs.

December 21, 2008
6:44 pm
Toph

Yep, thats the one.  hit enter when she's talking about mariah and you'll get a countdown.

You got something beyond a countdown?  Exciting!  I'm still stumped.  Keep coming back to the 'company' on the back of the DVD 'count the letters' and the strange code under the rating (2.7.12 etc...)

December 21, 2008
7:06 pm
oktavian

Yeah, I have no idea which letters to count, though it seems the little symbol to the right of the words represents the four directions of the arrow keys (and when do you use those?!).

December 22, 2008
4:57 am
oktavian

My brother found a cheat to get to the easter egg -- it's outtakes and ELE interviews. But I still want to know how to figure it out legit.

And no, I'm not posting the cheat, though it's pretty simple if you think about it.

December 22, 2008
4:57 pm
cabbitabe

oktavian said:

My brother found a cheat to get to the easter egg — it's outtakes and ELE interviews. But I still want to know how to figure it out legit.

And no, I'm not posting the cheat, though it's pretty simple if you think about it.

Please share! It's getting very frustrating figuring out how to trigger these easter eggs.

Please! I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

December 22, 2008
4:57 pm
cabbitabe

oktavian said:

My brother found a cheat to get to the easter egg — it's outtakes and ELE interviews. But I still want to know how to figure it out legit.

Please share! It's getting very frustrating figuring out how to trigger these easter eggs.

Please! I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

December 22, 2008
5:50 pm
oktavian

Well, you can find it if you look through the DVD's video files on your computer using a program like, say, VLC media player.

December 22, 2008
10:17 pm
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Still trying to unlock the Easter Eggs all legit-like.

We know that both \"Enter at Act 2\" and \"Enter at 9780793529865\" = \"Enter at Mariah Carey\"  meant to press ENTER when those things come up during viewing.

All this has yielded me is a countdown that leaves me at the main menu. Logically something should follow a countdown OR an action must be performed before the time is up.

Pressing ENTER during the countdown simply ended it early.

I was also drawn to the \"Count the Letters\" on the back. Noticing they're direction keys next to the word \"count\" I tried pushing the direction buttons on my remote during the countdown. (Yeah.) I tried a simple four button pattern, using only one four times, pressing them at once, and even general mashing. Nothing happened.

I've tried finding things in the number (2.7.12.13...) on the back as well. I can't quite work the jump from 13 to 66 into anything. It's a jump of 53. Later the 81.86.89 becomes 5 3 when looking at the sequence of the differences, but I feel like that's me trying to read too much into it. I also feel strongly that I've seen a number like this before on some media item and it isn't anything. Of course after a quick look at some DVDs and CDs I couldn't find a similar number..

My next step will be to watch it with Wiccan subtitles all the way through.

December 23, 2008
2:49 am
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 26
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

oktavian said:

Well, you can find it if you look through the DVD's video files on your computer using a program like, say, VLC media player.

What title/chapter is it? I tried VLC media player and stepped through every title and couldn't find it. Yikes! Also, I did find something very weird at Chapter 25!

December 23, 2008
3:20 am
Janes Hat

This is a spoiler board oktavian, so come on, give us the spoiler!

Forum Timezone: UTC -8

Most Users Ever Online: 10

Currently Online:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 667

Members: 1805

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 9

Topics: 482