Wiccan subtitles and 9780793529865 ? | Page 2 | The DVD (Spoilers allowed) | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_MemberList Members

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Wiccan subtitles and 9780793529865 ?
December 23, 2008
6:10 am
Toph

One other thing I've noticed so far is that during the opening FBI/ELE warning, there's a very, VERY brief glimpse of three eggs(or at least ovoid objects):  green, grey, blue in a row... these correspond to the gray, green and blue backgrounds of the three countdowns...

December 23, 2008
6:28 am
JagrMeister

a1tiptop said:

oktavian said:

Well, you can find it if you look through the DVD's video files on your computer using a program like, say, VLC media player.

What title/chapter is it? I tried VLC media player and stepped through every title and couldn't find it. Yikes! Also, I did find something very weird at Chapter 25!

Yeah, the \"Do you not fear us yet?\" bit was kinda funny, but I can't seem to dissect things any further by going through the title and scene marks on the dvd. I haven't tried using the vlc player or anything like that though. I'm using PowerDVD to page through my files.

December 23, 2008
7:27 am
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 26
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Well either:

If someone who's done it could give us the time code when it comes on, I can enter that in VLC player.

OR

Someone just work out the code you have to put in at the ELE \"countdown screen\". Getting to the Countdown screen is dead easy! I can do it every time. But then... nothing.

Waaaa!

I need OUTTAKES!!!

December 23, 2008
7:58 am
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 14

Here\'s how I found it with VLC (I use a Mac, PC instructions may be different):

From VLC, don\'t \"open disc\" (i.e., don\'t use it to play the DVD). Rather, \"open file\", go into the DVD and open VTS_01_0.VOB, then skip to about 2:50.

December 23, 2008
11:20 am
lilyclairwell

I've just had this horrible thought (no pun intended). Does anyone else have a problem with the ELE applications freezing in between each one? Or if you try to play all three featurettes, does it freeze between each one? I'm thinking that maybe the DVD was coded poorly (I'm not trying to put anybody down!)  So, maybe the easter eggs are supposed to play after those countdowns, and they just don't because something was done wrong when they made the DVD?

If someone has been able to get to the extras without pulling up the files, please, by all means, correct me!

December 23, 2008
11:21 am
oktavian

Janes Hat said:

This is a spoiler board oktavian, so come on, give us the spoiler!

Ugh, now I have to dig it out again. Heh.

OK, in the folder \"VIDEO_TS\" there's a file called \"VTS_01_0.VOB\"; if you open it and skip to about 2:45, you can see some outtakes, Joss directing \"A Man's Gotta Do\" with Nathan and Felicia, and then interviews with the current ELE members.

My brother figured out how to access all but the outtakes with a regular DVD player. Once you get to the countdown, press 5 (he got it from that number sequence -- 2.7.12 ... -- which starts arithmetically, adding 5 to 2 and then to 7; that's probably not where the 5 is supposed to come from, though), and you should see the scene (from the Act II countdown) or the interviews (from the Mariah Carey cue).

So, this raises the question:  Where the F is the third countdown?! And what's the real significance of 5 -- what were we supposed to count?

December 23, 2008
11:31 am
oktavian

lilyclairwell said:

I've just had this horrible thought (no pun intended). Does anyone else have a problem with the ELE applications freezing in between each one? Or if you try to play all three featurettes, does it freeze between each one? I'm thinking that maybe the DVD was coded poorly (I'm not trying to put anybody down!)  So, maybe the easter eggs are supposed to play after those countdowns, and they just don't because something was done wrong when they made the DVD?

If someone has been able to get to the extras without pulling up the files, please, by all means, correct me!

I sincerely doubt it, for three reasons:

1. We've now figured out how to get to 2 of 3 countdowns using only a DVD remote.

2. Why would the countdown be there if there weren't another step involved in getting to the content?

3. Someone (in a position to) would've tried out the easter eggs and alerted the pressers/distrubuters/whomever.

(Also:  I didn't see the second page before someone posted the file name. Good job, self)

December 23, 2008
11:56 am
oktavian

Found the outtakes!!! If you go to \"Scene Selection,\" select \"Act II,\" and then \"Moist Goes Dry\" (that should really be a song), you'll get a countdown. This time, press 6.

So, we've found how to get all 3 easter eggs. But why 5, 5, and 6? Still can't figure out what they mean. There's some discussion toward the bottom of this Whedonesque story, though.

December 23, 2008
12:08 pm
oktavian

OK, this is fun. Check out this comment:  http://whedonesque.com/comment.....436#274789

So, the Moist Dries Up countdown has Dr. Horrible's face on it, the Mariah Carey has the Wonderflonium case, and the Act II one has Professor Normal's face.

Hmm, now let's count the letters U, D, L, and R in each one.

Doctor Horrible - 5

Wonderflonium - 4

Professor Normal - 4

But these numbers must be inflated by 1 to get to the 6, 5, and 5 required. Adding “Doctor Horrible's head,” “Wonderflonium case,” and “Professor Normal's head” does the trick, but that's sort of stretching it a bit, isn't it? (Ed.:  Also considering how “case” doesn't do the trick at all?)

It looks like the Up, Down, Left, and Right pattern could've been a red herring. But the counting's still a bit sketchy …

December 23, 2008
2:24 pm
Forum Posts: 2

He did...you just look at it on your computer.

December 23, 2008
2:57 pm
BepperGirl

Maybe Wonderflonium briefcase? Suitcase? Instead of just \"case.\" Either one will increase its count by one.

December 23, 2008
3:39 pm
oktavian

BepperGirl said:

Maybe Wonderflonium briefcase? Suitcase? Instead of just “case.” Either one will increase its count by one.

Eh, still weak, imo. I dunno ...

December 23, 2008
7:51 pm
That guy

Okay, I'm going to give away the secret of the 3 countdowns since no one else has figured it out yet.

When Felicia mentions Mariah Carey, press Enter to get to the countdown. Press 5

At the Act 2 title screen press Enter for another countdown and Press 5

Go to Scene Selection, find the one in Act 2 called \"Moist Dries Up\" and press enter for a 3rd countdown. Press 6.

If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. Worked fine for me.

December 23, 2008
11:13 pm
Capt.Hammer Groupie

It didn't work for me. The \"Enter\" works fine, but my DVD player does something weird with the 5 and tries to change the TV channel (it's got freeview TV as well as DVD functionality).

VLC player doesn't work on my laptop (the sound is all stuttery)

So I guess I'll never get to see the Eggs.

I don't understand why they'd put something like Outtakes as an Egg? Surely everyone wants to see that.

Very depressed... 🙁

December 24, 2008
3:11 am
oktavian

That guy said:

Okay, I'm going to give away the secret of the 3 countdowns since no one else has figured it out yet.

When Felicia mentions Mariah Carey, press Enter to get to the countdown. Press 5

At the Act 2 title screen press Enter for another countdown and Press 5

Go to Scene Selection, find the one in Act 2 called “Moist Dries Up” and press enter for a 3rd countdown. Press 6.

If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. Worked fine for me.

Good summary, but we already got there 🙂

December 24, 2008
5:05 am
Pacifica, CA
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 7

has anyone figured out a way to see it if you have no numbers on your remote control?

my plan is to wait until after Christmas, when I've given the DVD to various friends... and then I'll try to see the easter eggs on a friend's DVD player (if they have numbers on their remote control!)

but if I could watch it at my own home I would really like to...

maybe I have to buy a universal remote w/numbers.

December 24, 2008
7:02 am
Capt.Hammer Groupie

I'm having the same problem. I've tried it on three different DVD players and although the \"enter\" works, I can't get it to accept the \"5\" even WITH a DVD that has numbers on the remote!

In the end, I got someone else's computer, installed VLC-player and watched the VOB_1_0 file using that. But let me tell you, it's dead flakey. It tends to stutter and stop so it took me five watches.

Worth it. Neil's faux magic tricks, Dead Bowie interview, Fury Leika interivew, Joss being Captain Hammer.

Totally worth it.

December 24, 2008
7:22 am
oktavian

a1tiptop said:

I'm having the same problem. I've tried it on three different DVD players and although the “enter” works, I can't get it to accept the “5″ even WITH a DVD that has numbers on the remote!

In the end, I got someone else's computer, installed VLC-player and watched the VOB_1_0 file using that. But let me tell you, it's dead flakey. It tends to stutter and stop so it took me five watches.

Worth it. Neil's faux magic tricks, Dead Bowie interview, Fury Leika interivew, Joss being Captain Hammer.

Totally worth it.

If you rip the VTS_01_0.VOB file onto your HD, it'll play pretty seamlessly. I don't think that's illegal if it's your copy of the DVD ...

December 24, 2008
9:43 am
Pacifica, CA
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 7

oktavian said:

If you rip the VTS_01_0.VOB file onto your HD, it'll play pretty seamlessly. I don't think that's illegal if it's your copy of the DVD …

Oktavian, will that work for an iMac?  So many things seem to be only for microsoft...

December 24, 2008
10:03 am
Capt.Hammer Groupie

oktavian said:

If you rip the VTS_01_0.VOB file onto your HD, it'll play pretty seamlessly. I don't think that's illegal if it's your copy of the DVD …

Yeah, I tried that. But all I got was the movie, not the extras. I have no idea what I did wrong.

*sobs*

Forum Timezone: UTC -8

Most Users Ever Online: 10

Currently Online:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 667

Members: 1805

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 9