Wiccan subtitles and 9780793529865 ? | Page 3 | The DVD (Spoilers allowed) | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_MemberList Members

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Wiccan subtitles and 9780793529865 ?
December 24, 2008
10:34 am
oktavian

Embers, it should work on a Mac some way or another. There's a version of VLC for Mac, and as long as you can find the right file, you should be able to play it.

a1tiptop, not to be Captain Obvious (E.L.E. membership pending), but are you absolutely sure you grabbed the right file? A lot of them (obviously) have very similar names.

December 24, 2008
10:57 am
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I couldn't get pass the countdown on either a Bose 3-2-1 system or my Xbox 360 media remote. Ultimiately the only option was VLC media player which worked perfectly.

December 24, 2008
11:24 am
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 26

Thanks oktavian! I tried a different piece of software called AVS Video Converter and FINALLY I was able to select the correct VOB file and get those pesky easter eggs! Yay!!! 😀 😀 Thanks so much for your help.

December 24, 2008
4:21 pm
Sacramento, CA
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 4

I tried to find those Easter Eggs, but my DVD player couldn't find them, or play them. Hopefully, someone will come up with a way to uncover them soon. Otherwise, it was entertaining stuff.

Loyal Whedonista since 1997! Please visit my blog at http://blog.myspace.com/impalergeneral
December 25, 2008
3:41 am
Pacifica, CA
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 7

oktavian said:

Embers, it should work on a Mac some way or another. There's a version of VLC for Mac, and as long as you can find the right file, you should be able to play it.

oktavian you are brilliant!  Unfortunately I'm not it was 1 am by the time I had really figured it all out, but it was totally worth it to see the easter eggs!

thank you so much!  

December 26, 2008
4:35 pm
Capt.Hammer Groupie
Forum Posts: 5

1. press 6 then enter on the Special Features menu screen

2. watch all of or just skip to the end of “The Music” featurette.  The Menu will pop back up and you will see that “What Just Happened?” Will be lit press 6 then enter (also I could press 6 from the main menu which shot me to the “What Just Happened?” menu where I could hit 6 again but I could not duplicate it.  Either way if something weird happns and “What Just Happened?” is sellected hit 6 and enter then call your lawyer, or a bodyguard, or both if you have them on retainer.)

the other three have been mentioned before.

3. at the start of chapter 3 in “The Music” featurette press enter and you get a black countdown press 5 and then enter during the countdown.  Marria Cary refference

4. at the  start of chapter 6 in the main movie hit enter, you get a green countdown press 5 and then enter durning the countdown.  Act II refference

5. go to “Scene Selection”, then “Act II”, then “Moist Dries Up” durning the blue countdown press 6 then enter.  Moist Dries Up refference

with my remote I can count the number of menu items if I want the third one i can press 3 and enter and it selects the third one.  So selecting outside the range of menu items got me the first two I mentioned.

December 27, 2008
6:03 am
orangeblossom

OKay, I keep hitting Enter at Act 2, but I can't even access the coutdown.. I've seen the rest of them, but this one won't work, for some reason  It's just hit Enter when it says \"Act 2\", right? AT that title screen? Or is there more to it than that? Man, I though the Mariah Carey one would have ben tougher, but I managed it easily enough.... would love some advice from any one more tech-savvy than I. Which is probably most of you...

December 27, 2008
9:58 am
Capt.Hammer Groupie

Can I just check - whichever way you actually access it, there are only actually three easter eggs?

1) \"Outtakes\" (the ones where you see Neil doing the \"finger magic\" and Nathan collapse on the boat)

2) Joss directing Nathan and Felicia and singing Captain Hammer's lines in the alley

3) Interviews with \"most\" of the ELE.

Are there any others?

December 27, 2008
10:27 am
Capt.Hammer Groupie

a1tiptop said:

Can I just check - whichever way you actually access it, there are only actually three easter eggs?

1) “Outtakes” (the ones where you see Neil doing the “finger magic” and Nathan collapse on the boat)

2) Joss directing Nathan and Felicia and singing Captain Hammer's lines in the alley

3) Interviews with “most” of the ELE.

Are there any others?

4) DVD credits

5) ELE threat

these two are still slides that apear for a few seconds before returning you to the main menu.

December 27, 2008
11:44 am
gorramKayna

I can't get the chapter 6 thing to work. I see the six pop up and I hit enter but nothing happens and then it's gone. Am I missing something?

December 28, 2008
4:29 am
orangeblossom

gorramKayna said:

I can't get the chapter 6 thing to work. I see the six pop up and I hit enter but nothing happens and then it's gone. Am I missing something?

YES that's the same problem I am having.. have you been able to work any of the other Eggs, cause I actually got the other 4, this one just isn't working for me for some reason....

December 28, 2008
2:06 pm
Capt.Hammer Groupie

orangeblossom said:

gorramKayna said:

YES that's the same problem I am having.. have you been able to work any of the other Eggs, cause I actually got the other 4, this one just isn't working for me for some reason….

are you getting the countdown? Are you talking about Act II egg?

December 29, 2008
7:38 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 222

If you have windows media player you can use that to find all the tracks on a dvd (including hidden ones like easter eggs) , you don't have to download additional software

December 29, 2008
8:21 pm
Capt.Hammer Groupie

Admin said:

If you have windows media player you can use that to find all the tracks on a dvd (including hidden ones like easter eggs) , you don't have to download additional software

Ooo, how? Can you post instructions?

December 29, 2008
8:44 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 222

Sorry, I take it back, media player won't work for this DVD - though it certainly has for some in the past.

It will work in Real Player though if you have that, just go to the file menu, select open, browse to the file VTS_01_0.VOB and then click ok - a menu will start playing, skip through a couple of minutes and you'll get three easter eggs playing back to back and then some credits at the end

December 30, 2008
5:19 am
orangeblossom

DJ said:

orangeblossom said:

gorramKayna said:

YES that's the same problem I am having.. have you been able to work any of the other Eggs, cause I actually got the other 4, this one just isn't working for me for some reason….

are you getting the countdown? Are you talking about Act II egg?

NO, I'm not even getting the countdown. I hit enter at act two and get the \"operation not allowed at the moment' message. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right, since I have seen 4 other eggs on the dvd, but I can't even get to the countdown on this one. help?

December 31, 2008
2:38 pm
Toph

I was having troubles with this too, and I found that the spot where you hit enter is actually just BEFORE the 'act 2' appears on the screen, so... more like end of act 1.  Try it then, and if nothing else, do it on your computer... for me at least the cursor changed to a hand when it was time to click/hit enter

January 1, 2009
1:20 am
XanderK

Actually, if you click the scene select for Act 2, and immediately when it changes to movie you hit enter, it works.

How I finally saw it.

January 2, 2009
10:08 am
Pontifex

oktavian said:

OK, this is fun. Check out this comment:  http://whedonesque.com/comment.....436#274789

So, the Moist Dries Up countdown has Dr. Horrible's face on it, the Mariah Carey has the Wonderflonium case, and the Act II one has Professor Normal's face.

Hmm, now let's count the letters U, D, L, and R in each one.

Doctor Horrible - 5

Wonderflonium - 4

Professor Normal - 4

But these numbers must be inflated by 1 to get to the 6, 5, and 5 required. Adding “Doctor Horrible's head,” “Wonderflonium case,” and “Professor Normal's head” does the trick, but that's sort of stretching it a bit, isn't it? (Ed.:  Also considering how “case” doesn't do the trick at all?)

It looks like the Up, Down, Left, and Right pattern could've been a red herring. But the counting's still a bit sketchy …

Above the Heads on the Countdown, is the ELE Logo.  ELE has an \"L\" in it, adding 1 to your work and giving the correct answer.

January 3, 2009
9:17 am
sor

Here are my instructions for watching the extras without ripping the DVD or hitting the right buttons, if you're on Windows. (I had to do this, because I don't even have a DVD player, and none of the DVD playing software on my computers could do it -- hitting enter did nothing, and selecting individual video files just played the whole DVD no matter what.)

So. Step 1: Google DVD \"Shrink 3.2.0.15\", download and install. It's a DVD ripper, but you won't need to actually rip anything.

Step 2: Click the \"open disc\" button at the top and select the drive with your Dr. Horrible DVD.

Step 3: On the left, you'll see a tree menu. Expand the third entry, \"Extras\", and click Title 25. The box below it should show the ELE warning, which is sort of an easter egg in a sense.

Step 4: Expand \"Menus\" and then \"VTS 1\" and then \"English\". Menus 22-24 are the easter eggs, and menu 25 is the DVD credits. Click on one and press the play button over the preview screen. You can right-click the preview window and select fullscreen, since it's so tiny.

Forum Timezone: UTC -8

Most Users Ever Online: 10

Currently Online:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 667

Members: 1805

Moderators: 2

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 9

Topics: 482